We can infer something about Caffeina’s role in sexuality from these facts:
- More people prefer morning coffee over morning sex
- Coffee can improve sexual stamina as sure as it improves athletic performance
- Female rats are more likely to seek out sex when on caffeine
- Coffee may protect against ovarian cancer, but also increase miscarriage risk
- It also seems to protect women somewhat against depression, strokes, and breast cancer
- Men may be afforded reduced risk of prostate cancer thanks to coffee
What the assortment of effects says to me is that sex itself is important to Caffeina — many of the diseases from which caffeine affords some protection can put a serious crimp in one’s love life — but children are not her priority. This strikes me as an extension of her interest in building community bonds, but the de-emphasis on children suggests an in-the-moment understanding of community.
So from the first cup of coffee shared between two people, through the acts of thought and deed which so often follow, Caffeina smiles.